Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Morning Benders


ALT ROCK/ POP
Artist: The Morning Benders
Album: Talking Through Tin Cans
Tracks: “Boarded Doors” & “Patient Patient”
Street Date: May 6, 2008
Label: +1 Records

--

The Morning Benders have been delicately raking up “indie” buzz for the past few years. Well duh, of course they are! They sound like an Of Montreal & the Shins sandwich (like PB&J but different). The Berkeley-based trio released Talking Through Tin Cans in May of 2008 and happened to play a show at the UC Davis Coffee House (a lovely makeshift show venue/cafeteria which also sells vegan foods and baked goods – R.I.P. for now) with Social Studies (unsigned) and Love is Chemicals (Three Ring Records) around this time last year.

“Patient Patient” lyrics are as follows:

Doctor, doctor
Won't you give me the cure I'm after
With a slight wave of your hand
I will be reborn a man

All it takes is a little commitment
I'm a patient patient

Doctor, doctor
Don't you give me the pain I'm after
I know I do it to myself
I'm just another book on your shelf

All it takes is a little commitment
I'm a patient patient

Such an endearing song! Christopher’s voice is just… brickshattering (that is the closest word in the English dictionary to describe it).

The Morning Benders finished a mini tour with Grizzly Bear late last month and most likely collected many new fans simply by opening for G-Bear and being the cute little popish youngsters that they are. The band is now getting ready to tour with SF-based band, Girls!, beginning early December and plan to top it all off with a New Year’s Eve party at Bottom of the Hill.

Notable label mates include Eulogies, Editors, Kate Nash, and the Kooks. Chad Raddington recommends Illinois and the Heavy. Do what you will with his advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment